Most of my friends know that I love me a good playlist. Back in the day, I was the queen of the mixtape. (Although I have to admit that I never quite perfected getting the songs recorded off the radio to have the same volume . . . so after jamming to LL Cool J, you might have literally "jumped" when House of Pain came through the speakers.) Then, I mastered the compilation cd - often giving them as gifts to family and friends during my broke law student days.
Now that I've moved into the digital age, I have a bazillion playlists on my mp3. (I have actually have playlists called "Songs I Don't Listen To Enough" that are categorized by genre.) Anyway, I've been in a funky mood lately and have been relying on my "Happy Black Woman" playlist to get me through. I thought you all might appreciate it . . .
- "Be Happy" - Mary J. Blige
- "Happy Being All" - Angie Stone
- "I Feel Good" - Mary J. Blige
- "Just Fine" - Mary J. Blige (yeah, Mary shows up a lot on this list!)
- "Shine" - Estelle
- "I Choose" - India.Arie
- "Video" - India.Arie
- "Golden" - Jill Scott
- "I Appreciate" - Joann Rosario
- "Incredible" - Mary Mary
- "I Am" - Kindred the Family Soul (featuring Jazmine Sullivan)
- "Fly Like a Bird" - Mariah Carey
- "Feelin' Good" - Nina Simone (in case you haven't gotten enough from JHud's WW commercials)
- "I Will Survive" - Chantay Savage (or the original by Gloria Gaynor)
- "Winki's Theme" - Queen Latifah
- "One of Those Days" - Whitney Houston
- "Me Time" - Heather Headley
- "God in Me" - Mary Mary (featuring Kierra Sheard)
- "Put Your Records On" - Corinne Bailey Rae
- "Alright" - Ledisi
- "Bravo" - Ledisi
- "Raise Up" - Ledisi
- "Is My Living in Vain" - Z'iel (or you can kick it old skool with The Clark Sisters)
- "I Gotta Feelin'" - Black Eyed Peas (this is the ONE song by a non-black woman on this list - it was just too good, I had to include it.)
- "Still Standing" - Monica
- "Shame" - Jill Scott
- "Moment 4 Life" - Nicki Minaj (featuring Drake) - don't juge....
Get your very own wardrobe makeover for FREE!!
(You only pay for the purchase of clothes. Styling services are 100% free!)
Visit www.keatonrow.com/curvyceo to learn more!
Click here to learn about additional personal styling services offered by Curvy CEO.