Your Thighs Will Thank You For Reading This

Ok. So, one of the more embarrassing, rarely discussed, yet frequent challenges faced by curvy gals in the summer is the issue of inner thigh chafing. Perhaps it's not just a summer issue for you, but I know that for me, with all of the sundresses, maxi dresses and skirts that come with the warmer weather, the issue of inner-thigh chafing (or, as it's known in the streets chub rub) moves to center stage. This problem can go from being a mild annoyance to being a major source of physical pain and emotional shame. But, over the years, I've developed a three-part plan to combat this foe. Here are my weapons of chub-rub prevention:
The Mighty Thigh Savers: Baby Powder, Spanx, and Monistat Chafing Gel

The Mighty Thigh Savers: Baby Powder, Spanx, and Monistat Chafing Gel

Your first line of defense is Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel. This stuff is, quite simply, one of the best things on the planet. It's a cooling gel that creates a "slip" between your legs, preventing the skin from clinging as you walk. It is odorless, colorless and, amazingly, you can use it as a face primer. (I have no idea who thought of that, but it works!) (If you're not interested in this product, I find that shea butter and/or baby oil has a similar - but not as potent - effect.) Next, apply a bit of baby powder between your thighs. This gives you an extra layer of "slip." Plus, I don't know about you, but I *love* the fragrance of baby powder. (In fact, Johnson's actually makes it in different scents now.) Sometimes I go so far as to layer the scent of the powder with Demeter Baby Powder Fragrance or Love's Baby Soft. Finally, once I'm all powdered and gelled, I put on that final piece of armour - Spanx. Yes, I know they're super expensive. But you know what? I have found them to be the best quality of any other body shapers out there. Plus, I just find them to be comfortable - a huge plus in my book. So, there you have it. Curvy CEO's Anti-Chub Rub Guide. Enjoy!

Did you know that Curvy CEO now offers personal styling services?
Click here to learn more!

You might also be interested in...

11 comments for “Your Thighs Will Thank You For Reading This

1. June 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I’ll have to look into the chafe gel as that sounds interesting — I always find it awkward to apply these types of things though. I am not the contortionist I used to be. :D I am also not a big constricting fan but have always wanted to try spanx (must be good advertising). I have been successfully using Luvee which just pull over the thighs — in the summer it’s nice to not have to worry about the extra heat in the pelvic area.

2. Jen
    June 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Great post!!! I actually use Body Glide which is a runners protectant for chafing :)

3. Kristin
    June 29, 2012 at 9:30 am

This is the first I’ve heard about Monistat’s powder gel. I’ve done everything from plain power to even deodorant in my search to avoid the chafing. I will also be checking out Luvee’s as Moe recommended. Thanks for this post!

4. Dianne
    July 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I found the most amazing solution for thigh chafing. It’s a product called Thigh Slydz. I live in Arizona and wasn’t able to wear sun dresses until I found this product. It’s a great product, which protects your thighs from rubbing together. No fussing to go to the bathroom and I haven’t had to use creams or powders since. It’s simply a great product and has saved me so much discomfort. Here’s the site http://www.thighslydz.com

• curvyceo
      July 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Hmmm…don’t know if those would work for ladies like me that carry most of their weight in their thighs…but an interesting product!

5. Aspasia
    July 6, 2013 at 1:31 am

Anti-chafing gel used by marathon runners is another idea. I got mine from Sports Authority.

6. Audrey
    August 8, 2013 at 7:20 am

I am with Moe. Has anyone found an easier or better way to apply the powder? I always end up with a bunch on the floor.

7. Theresa
    September 24, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Hello Ladies,
    I have really large thighs, and good old vaseline, i.e. petroleum jelly does the trick everytime! One terribly hot summer BEFORE I discovered vaseline as a method to prevent chaffing I looked like I had third degree burns. Now, that NEVER happens.

• curvyceo
      September 25, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Hmmm…I never thought of Vaseline, although I’m sure that petroleum is a huge ingredient in the chafing gel…need to check the packaging. Thanks for the tip!

Add Comment Register